1. We respect your privacy
“Personal information”, for the purpose of this Policy, is information we collect online through your use of our website and hold which is identifiable as being about you and has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
By providing personal information to us, you consent to our collection, use, storage, disclosure and management of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Policy.
2. What personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you in either electronic or physical copy form:
• name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone and fax numbers;
• information about previous property transactions and dealings you have had with us;
• information from enquiries you have made with and any other communications between us;
• information on how you heard about us;
• your financial budget for a product or service;
• your product interest and preference;
• your timeframe to purchase a product;
• details of your employment history and other information provided as part of our recruitment process;
• information required to verify your identity (including passport and driver’s licence information);
• financial information including bank account, income and credit card information;
• communication preferences including SMS, email or phone; and
• any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings and transactions with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including:
• from you when you interact or communicate with us in any way, including electronically, in physical copy, online or in person;
• when you access our website or our associated applications;
• when you participate in our surveys, competitions, loyalty programs or promotions;
• when we transact or deal with you in the ordinary course of our business operations including when you visit our display suites; and
• through our recruitment process when you apply for a position with us.
4. Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
• provide and market our products and services to you including to register your interest in a product or service;
• communicate and do business with you including to respond to any of your enquiries, sign you up for our newsletters and making a reservation for you;
• comply with our legal obligations including to perform or manage a contract with you;
• consider the suitability of and interview prospective employees;
• for training and monitoring purposes;
• help us manage, develop and improve our services and products and for any other legitimate business interests; and
notify you of opportunities that we think might interest you in the ordinary course of our business.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to:
• our business partners and any related parties;
• joint venture partners;
• financiers and accountants;
• anyone who may assist us in the provision of our products and services to you; and
• regulatory authorities or government agencies or bodies where required by law
5. Disclosure of your personal information overseas
6. Direct marketing communications
We may send you direct marketing communications and information in various forms including SMS, email or hard copy. Such communication may include information on:
• products, services, discounts and competitions or otherwise that we consider may be of interest to you; and
• offers or promotions on our products and services.
By providing us with your contact details, you consent to us and to any other third party service providers we engage, sending you any marketing or other correspondence on any of the information described above.
You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting our Privacy Offers using the contact details in this Policy below.
7. Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is very important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and unauthorised access or disclosure. However it is not possible to guarantee the security of your personal information as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information and transmission of personal information in any form including online or in hard copy is at your own risk.
Where we no longer require your personal information for business or legal reasons, we may destroy it.
8. Access to your personal information
You can access and update your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask you to provide us further information in order to verify your identity. We may also recover reasonable administration fees and expenses associated with providing you access to your personal information.
9. Complaints about privacy
If you have any questions or complaints about our privacy practices and how we handle your personal information, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
MAB Corporation Pty Ltd
Level 5, 441 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
We take complaints very seriously and will respond to you in writing within 30 days of receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.