Merrifield’s Key achievements in 2018!
What an exciting year we’ve had!
It’s been another massive 12 months in Merrifield … a year full of progress and achievement that further represents our delivery of the Merrifield vision.
It is fantastic to see the Merrifield community continue to grow rapidly, with over 2,400 people now calling Merrifield home. With the imminent arrival of D’Orsogna to the Merrifield Business Park, there will also be over 300 people working in Merrifield come the beginning of 2019.
As the living and working population within Merrifield grows, we remain as committed as ever to ensuring the timely delivery of first-class education, shopping, recreation, entertainment and community facilities. Merrifield is leading the way with a number of milestones and major announcements in 2018:
- Coles supermarket to anchor Stage 1 of the Merrifield Shopping Centre, planned to open in 2020 … with over 20 specialty stores
- Merrifield West Primary School funding confirmed by the re-elected Labor Government … to open 2021
- Merrifield West Northern Community Hub confirmed by re-elected Labor Government … to open 2021
- The launch of Merrifield Connect … the first ‘developer-led and funded’ bus service in Victoria – which helped lead to the Labor Government announcing it will invest $8.9 million in a new bus service for Merrifield and surrounding suburbs
This year we also saw the opening of a new BP service centre and Kool Kidz childcare centre in M Square, providing important local convenience to the community. Stay tuned for further announcements in the new year as we continue our delivery of community infrastructure and amenity!
It’s also been great to see the Merrifield residents come together to lead so many local programs, many supported through the Merrifield Community Partnerships Program, and forge valuable social connections through initiatives such as the Merrifield Connect bus service, M-Fit fitness classes or at the regular Merrifield Farmers’ Market, which continues to grow in support each and every month. On reflection, it certainly has been an amazing year for our community – here is a quick recap!
- Merrifield Connect hitting 10,000 user trips in under one year of operation
- 2018 Merrifield Community Grants Program – 10 recipients announced
- ‘Crepe Craze’ now operating the The Corner Store
- Merrifield Auskick team plays at the MCG
- Easter and Christmas social events
- Merrifield Jobs Portal – now has over 400 registered users
- Merrifield’s first ever community cookbook was produced
- Partnership with Craigieburn Eagles Basketball Association commenced
- Hume Mobile Library commenced operations in Merrifield
- Mi-Fit Pilates & Merrifield Wellness commenced programs and services for residents
- Merrifield Farmers’ Market has grown to over 25 stall holders each month